Step 01 :-
Download following linked files as your first step. Don't worry everything is free.
01. Huawei E220 firmware update.
02. Freeware Hex Editor.
04. E220 Simlock unlocking tool.
Click here to Download All files.
Step 02 :-
* Remove the SIM card and connect your E220 HSDPA modem to PC.
* Run the Huawei E220 firmware update tool.
* Then you'll get the following window.
Select "I accept the agreement" and click next and you will get the searching for device window. After that you will get the fallowing window.
* After the detection of modem you will get above window and click on "Cancel". Then it'll prompt you a message box asking your verification of exit without updating firmware. click on "Yes" to go to the next step.
Step 03 :-
* Run the QMAT and select "Use Com/USB port" from "Hardware Forensics" Menu
* Then select correct COM interface which has detected by firmware updater.
*Then select VERNUM command and click on the "Send Cmd" button and message will appear below as "Successfully send command"
*Then select Read EFS and set the End address as 00001000 and then press on "Lets go". now you will be asked to save the file as cfb.bin. wait till the Read EFS finish.
Step 04 :-
* Run XVI32 Hex editor and open the saved file cfb.bin
* Then using Search -> Find, find the 53642c00 string.
* In the same line of the corresponding place of the right side window will show the 8 digit lock code of your modem. It is easy to find, because there is no other 8 consecutive digit in the same line of the string 53 64 2C 00. Just keep searching until you find an 8 digit code grouped together.
Step 05 :-
* Run E220 Simlock unlock and enter the unlock code and click Ok.